As God established the New Covenant with his elect in Christ, the church resolves to covenant together for the glory of God, the edification of the church, and the advancement of the gospel:
“Having been brought into fellowship with God by divine grace though repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and having been led by his mercy to give up ourselves to Him, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and believing God’s call to be a church that intentionally seeks and savors the glory of God in all things, we do now, relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully establish our covenant with each other for the glory of God, the edification of the church, and the advancement of the gospel:
1. We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
2. We will walk together in brotherly love, as become the members of a Christian Church; exercise an affectionate care and watchfulness over each other and faithfully admonish and entreat one another as occasion may require.
3. We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, or neglect to pray for others and ourselves.
4. We will endeavor to bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord all who are at any time under our care and by a pure and loving example seek the salvation of our families and friends.
5. We will rejoice at each other’s happiness and endeavor with tenderness and sympathy to bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
6. We will seek, by Divine aid, to live Godward lives in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts; remembering that, as we have been buried symbolically by baptism and raised again spiritually with Christ, we are called to lead a new and holy life.
7. We will work together for the continuance of a faithful evangelical ministry in this church, as we maintain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines. As a local congregation, we will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel to all nations in obedience to Christ. (Mark 16:15)
8. If any of our members is providentially relocated, we will help them unite with another Bible believing church as soon as possible where they can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word. (Heb 10:25)
9. “May the grace of the Lord Jesus, the love of the Father, and the fellowship of the Spirit be
with us all. Amen.”