WORD OF GRACE
And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. John 1:16
OUR CORE VALUES
In order to preserve a consistent and faithful level of integrity to God, his word, and his church, the following values drive the church’s priorities:
1. The Primacy of God’s Glory: “My glory I give to no other” (Isaiah 42:8). Therefore, we make decisions based on how God will be glorified, according to the Scriptures.
2. The Sufficiency of Christ’s Grace: “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, we receive salvation as a gift from God, and not by our own works or merit.
3. The Priority of the Spirit’s Call: “The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you” (John14:26). Therefore, we seek the leadership of the Holy Spirit in the light of the clear teaching of Scripture.
4. The Authority of God’s Word: “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Therefore, we study God’s Word and submit to its teachings for our spiritual growth, the mutual edification of Christ’s church, and God’s glory.
5. The Urgency of the Gospel Mandate: “Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel” (1 Corinthians 9:16). It is the desire and intent of the church that the gospel be central in all that we do, therefore, we actively seek opportunities to share the gospel.
6. The Beauty of the Covenant Community: “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers” (Acts 2:42). Therefore, we walk together, seeking the mutual edification of one another in the bond of Christian fellowship.
7. The Excellency of Expository Preaching and Teaching: “Devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching” (1 Timothy 4:13). Therefore, we devote ourselves to a consistent exposition and application of God’s Word, teaching the whole counsel of God according to historic Baptist doctrines.
8. The Majesty and Intimacy of Christ-centered Worship: “God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24). Therefore, we meet together regularly on the Lord’s Day and at other times specifically to offer worship that is Christ-centered, God-honoring, and Spirit-led in accordance with God’s Word.
9. The Necessity of Regenerate Church Membership: “You must be born again” (John 3:7). Therefore, we examine ourselves to ensure that we are in the faith and that Christ is in us, and we will encourage one another to stand firm in faith, to persevere in trials, and to demonstrate Christ-like love for one another in all that we do.
10. The Essentiality of Prayer: “I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling” (2 Timothy 2:8). Therefore, we will engage in corporate, family, and personal times of prayer for God’s glory.
We know that visiting a church for the first time can feel a bit overwhelming. Our church family would like to make your visit as welcoming as possible. If we could only tell you one thing before you visit, it’s this: we are fully committed to the Word of God. We believe that the Bible is God’s authoritative message to us today, and we aspire to shape our time together to reflect the standards He has given us. We believe that the Gospel must be what shapes and evaluates everything the church does. Faithfulness to the Gospel is the ultimate measure of success and it alone contains the theology that drives our ministry. This commitment informs our participation in God’s redemptive purpose for the local church.
Our goal in gathering together is that the Word of Christ might dwell in us richly (Colossians 3:16). Our corporate gathering is consciously built on God’s Word. Our worship consists of singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, praying, reading God’s Word publicly, and listening to God’s Word preached. We seek to be faithful followers of Christ, not by following the latest trends, but by bringing the timeless Word of Almighty God to bear on our lives.
A group of people united around God’s Word is a marvelous event. We think you’ll sense the joy that this commitment inspires within our congregation, which also fuels our genuine love for our Savior, and our care for other people. We’d love to have you visit on a Sunday. Our services are generally an hour and twenty minutes. If we can help you in any way, feel free to contact us.
9:45 AM - SUNDAY SCHOOL
11:00 AM - WORSHIP SERVICE
6:00 PM - WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY AND FELLOWSHIP
6:30 PM - PRAYER MEETING
6:00 PM - MEN'S BIBLE STUDY AND FELLOWSHIP